When you sign up for YogaBrite web hosting, a basic website will be set up for you, similar to the Example YogaBrite website. Here are some tips for personalizing and building yours out!
- Make sure you check your InBox and Spam folder for the “Your YogaBrite Website is Ready!” welcome email.
- That email will have the information you need to log into your YogaBrite Admin Panel and personalize your website.
- If you have checked your InBox and Spam folder and are sure you did not receive the “Your YogaBrite Website is Ready!” welcome email, contact YogaBrite and we will re-send it.
- Use the login link, and the login information in the welcome email to access your websites admin panel
- Once you have logged in, we recommend changing your temporary password first. You can do that by clicking the “Edit Profile” link under the “Howdy Yourname” in the top right hand corner
- Navigate to the Pages menu and click “All Pages”.
You will see that your YogaBrite website comes with the following pages already set up for you and ready for you to fill them with your content:
- Home ~ Your home page should introduce your teaching, your studio and method of teaching yoga. It should give visitors a sense of what it’s like to take a class with you or at your studio
- About ~ Your about page should be your personal yoga teacher bio or the mission and vision statements for your yoga studio.
- Schedule ~ This should be self-explanatory! For now you have to manually type out your schedule on the Schedule page. The first tool I am working on is a Scheduling section so that you only have to update your schedule in the admin panel so that you can use it in several ways on your website without having to update it on multiple pages!
- New Student Specials ~ If you have new student specials, describe them here. If you would like to add a sign up form, you can use Gravity Forms for that.
- Pricing ~ YogaBrite recommends giving general information about your pricing, such as the new student specials and then an outline of the type of packages you offer and where the pricing starts. You should check with your local small business counseling to see if your state requires health clubs to publish all of their pricing publicly.
- Contact ~ Your YogaBrite website comes with a contact page and form *ready to go!*. If you wish, you can add a short paragraph with your phone number and location, if you want. The best way to do that is actually to edit the Contact Form and add that info to the “Settings > Description”. That way, when someone completes the form, they will see just the “thank you for contacting” us
- Landing Page Template ~ Notice it’s there, but you don’t have to do anything with it right away!
- Website Terms of Service Template ~ Please customize this page with your name / your business name as well as any policies you wish to add and any legal requirements for your location. YogaBrite will not add your site to the YogaBrite directory until this page has been customized for your business.
- If you have content from an already existing website that you would like to transfer to your YogaBrite website, please contact me. We may be able to automatically import your content and save you some time!
- Social Media Links Menu ~ be sure to personalize it with the social media pages you actually use. You can delete any you don’t and even add ones that may not be listed.
- Customizr ~ you can use the Customize / Customizr link to change the photo in the header on each page of your website, to replace the “Just another YogaBrite website” slogan, add a logo, update your menus … there’s a lot in the customizr so go adhead and explore that.
- Remember that your YogaBrite website is still private and it is unlikely anyone will find it for the next few weeks, so go ahead and explore and try thigns and see how they work and what you like — NOW is the time to experiment, so go ahead!
- That’s enough for a “Cheat Sheet”. If you have questions about specific features, please see the YogaBrite Help section and then email me.